Live out your God-created identity. Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you. Matthew 5:48 The Message
Last year I ran a Fun Friday Christmas series on Hodgepodge. Since then I’ve been updating my Fun, Easy Gift ideas post as I’ve come across those ideas. I thought I’d share them with you today.
There are many ways to keep costs down and have fun in the process. Consider this Part Two of One a Day: Slow the Season Down…
- First off, Trisha has a great post entitled Have a frugal Christmas and a Happy New Year! full of great ideas!
- Give a homemade “club” membership – dessert of the month, car care, etc.
- Homemade books. (pictured at top) Simple and a wonderfully personalized gift for a child
- make a journal jar as a gift for an adult or child.
- meaningful gifts
- make your own gift wrap
- our favorite observation bird feeder ($15!)
- For the birds – birdseed wreaths and suet feeders
dish bucket organizers – give gifts in these practical tubs or do as we did. We gave the boys a stack last Christmas for their room
- book lover wreath (I gave this to a new bride last year)
- Quick trick holiday notes
- advent packages – wrap your favorite Christmas books up and let the children open one each evening to read. Beautiful photography on this blog! from Katherine Marie Photography
- for homeschoolers: Elijah Company’s ebook catalog of resources. A treasure trove for $5
Simply for fun
- Teach Reading, Geography and History with Holiday Cards
- make a nativity with your wooden blocks
- make a kitty toy along with Pussycat Christmas
What fun, frugal, easy gift ideas and holiday helps have you run across?