Fruit of the Spirit Jar again. I also knew I needed to mix things up a bit when it came time to decide on what to do for their not-so-good choices. You see my boys love video games, so I got into the habit of only taking video games away when the boys made a not-so-good-choice. I just felt like that I needed to add some variety into this type of parenting situation. So, for these not so good choices I put out a “Job Jar”. The Job Jar consist of strips of paper that list out different activities that my boys would consider jobs. You know actual work such as:
- cleaning toilets, tubs, sinks, baseboards, etc.
- math worksheets, copy work, practice multiplication tables, etc..
- to add some variety
- give a little surprise factor
- for me to get a little extra help with house work
- for them to get in a little practice in on some important educational skills